Faisal Khan and Dr. James Piecowye had the pleasure of hosting an engaging and thought-provoking discussion on the “Now, New, and Next of Digital Marketing in the GCC” with the brilliant Ghida Batal, Digital Marketing Head of ‘The Barn’, the in-house creative digital marketing agency of Arla.
They dove deep into the rapidly evolving digital landscape, exploring the incredible opportunities and challenges it presents. Ghida shared invaluable insights on the power of influencer marketing and how it has reshaped the marketing game in the GCC region. They also delved into the pivotal role of data and the significance of AI-powered consumer insights in driving successful marketing campaigns.
Here are some key takeaways from discussion:
- Digital marketing provides opportunities for targeting wide audiences, experimenting with different platforms, ability to test with lower risks and personalising communication with consumers. It has been a game changer vs. the traditional means of marketing that are more expensive and have a lower reach.
- The availability of data in digital marketing allows advertisers to make data-driven decisions, measure audience data receptivity, and optimise campaigns more effectively.
- The digital marketing landscape is constantly evolving, with new platforms and formats emerging rapidly. This creates challenges in managing the speed of change and deciding where to focus experimentation.
- The GCC region presents additional challenges due to cultural and linguistic diversity, including different dialects. Understanding the target audience’s preferred language or dialect is crucial for effective communication.
- Collaboration with partners and utilising their expertise is crucial to achieving the best results in digital marketing.
- Despite the challenges, digital marketing keeps the job interesting and provides continuous learning opportunities, especially with emerging technologies like generative AI.
- Influencer marketing is still an important part of marketing strategies, but the role of influencers may vary based on the specific goals and strategies of each campaign. It’s crucial to understand why influencers are being used in a campaign, as different objectives require different metrics of success. Simply looking at reach may not be the most effective way to measure the success of an influencer campaign.
- The need to upskill and adapt to new technologies and tools is important for marketers to stay relevant in the rapidly changing digital landscape. Senior management and leadership should stay informed about the latest trends and technologies to future-proof their companies and make informed decisions.
- Consumer insights remain key for decision makers to ensure successful marketing initiatives.
Grab your headphones and tune in to our episode on your favorite podcast platform.
You can also watch the full recording on our Youtube account below.